Monday, November 15, 2010

Employed!

Just under two weeks ago, I published this post about being in-between jobs and looking for work.  And I want to say thank you to all of you who connected me with people you know and have been looking out for me.  It means a lot to me - thank you!

I am fortunate to have been offered (and accepted) a job this past weekend.  It's true!  I start in 3 weeks and am very excited both for the work that I'll be doing and for the ability to better support myself financially going forward.  All good things.  :-)  I won't go into the details of the work right now, but suffice to say that it builds on my analytical and policy background and is an excellent place to get started in Los Angeles.

That said, I am definitely still looking for different ways to connect and plug into the LA community, so if you you know if people you think would be good for me to talk to, please let me know!  While my new job did not come through the networking that I've been doing, I do credit that networking for giving me a much better sense of the community and ways to get involved.  Every reference sent my way (so far) has been super, and I am incredibly grateful to everyone who has been so supportive of me in my journey.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment